The Company operates a safety policy in conformity with the Health & Safety Work Act of 1974.
KRESTFIELD ENGINEERING CONCEPTS LIMITED fully accepts its responsibilities under the Act.
- Assess the risks in the workplace.
- Write health and safety procedures.
- Ensure that the workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation,
temperature, lighting and staff facilities.
- Ensure safe and clear access to and egress from the building, including fire exits.
- Regularly check the premises room by room for structural defects, worn fixture and fittings or
electrical equipment, and take the necessary remedial action.
- Ensure that all equipment is suitable for its intended use and is properly maintained and used.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of the fire procedure and regular fire drills are carried out.
- Ensure that all members of staff are aware of the procedure in case of accidents.
- Ensure that all members of staff are aware of and carry out their health and safety responsibilities
as set out in their job descriptions.
- [Prohibit smoking on the premises].
- Prohibit any contractor working on the premises without prior discussion with the officer in
charge to negate any risks to the staff or users.
- Provide appropriate protective clothing [if required].
- The Management considers this matter of such importance, that breach of health and safety
procedures by staff constitutes misconduct and will be dealt with as a disciplinary matter.
- Employees are also aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and
– Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others around them.
– Co-operate with the employer on matters of health and safety
– Use work equipment correctly
– Provide guidance to users and act responsibly to ensure their health and safety